Sunday 15 March 2009

Final scene complete

Finally the day of completion has arrived and i am happy to say that it was an enjoyable and challenging project. At the start of the project i even questioned myself if i was able to complete the project to the way i wanted it to be, I didn’t want to discard this project and go for another one which i know i won’t enjoy as much by knowing how challenging it will be somewhat gave me a reason to continue with it. One aspect i think that has i have hugely improved on is my modelling skills, during the digital environment project i began taking interest to modelling when i had to model objects for the kitchen. I did not know i would enjoy it this much and im happy that i did as this may of helped me to make a decision towards what direction i may want to take in the future.

While undergoing the storyboard stages i came to a point of wanting to add in water effect into my scene, this was to be used a flood sequence similar to that of Titanic. This is where my research came in to play and how i found out about Realflow dynamics simulation software. After reading more about this software i knew that this is what i need to use in order for me to produce the water effects i want, i did have ago with the emitters in Maya but they were not on a higher level then Realflow.

The area that i feel i did not do as well on what the conceptualisation, not saying i did nothing for it but i just did not spend as much on time on it compared to the modelling and texturing. You see at the start off the project i was supposed to go straight into the storyboarding stages as like what everyone should do, but for some reason i just dived rite into the modelling stage. I think this was one of the reasons why i kept on changing my ideas story wise throughout the week. At one point i told myself i wont continue modelling unless i start on the storyboard and if it was not for that i would not have had any of the water effects or the final commercial i have now. So yeh storyboards play a major part in the development stage and i wished i had done more or done it sooner. feel like my 2d conceptualisation suffered because of the amount of time i spent on the 3D.

But overall i am pleased to say that i am happy with the final outcome and for you guys watching this i hope you can see the hard work i put in to this work to produce it a good standard.

No comments:

Post a Comment